Got a question about fund development? Check out these sites for information and inspiration!*
GRANT WRITING RESOURCES
- The Foundation Center (http://www.foundationcenter.org/) – provides a wide range of grant and fund raising information including tips for grant writing; links to foundations and philanthropic organizations, grantmaker annual reports; and annual subscriptions for grant searching materials. Also operates cooperating collections of grant writing resources at libraries through the United States (www.foundationcenter.org/collections/). Use of cooperating collection materials is free of charge.
- North American YMCA Development Association (http://www.naydo.org/) – provides links to grant-writing books and other fund-raising resources.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy (http://www.philanthropy.com/) – lists recent foundation grants and has excellent articles regarding fundraising and comprehensive development activities.
Other sites with excellent information for grant writing:
- Council on Foundations (http://www.cof.org/)
- The Nonprofit Times (http://www.nptimes.com/)
- GuideStar (http://www.guidestar.org/)
- The Foundation Center – a wide range of fund-raising information, including “How To Research Foundations,” “A Proposal Writing Short Course,” grantmaker annual reports, federal government resources, and links to foundations and philanthropic organizations on the Internet. http://foundationcenter.org/
- Grants on Disc – a database in a CD-ROM format, with compilations of more than 350,000 grants awarded to more than 150,000 recipients from more than 6,000 funders. Updates are received quarterly. (Sold by the Gale Group, 800-877-4253)
- Council on Foundations http://www.cof.org/
- The Nonprofit Times http://www.nptimes.com/
FUNDING SEARCH RESOURCES
- Federal: Federal opportunities can be located by using the http://www.grants.gov/ site. You can register to receive any federal opportunity posted through this site. This is also the sites that you would use to register your organization to complete online grant proposals for federal programs. The site is extremely helpful, but can slow down to high volume use times. Recovery funds are posted on http://www.grants.gov/ and can also be located at http://www.recovery.gov/.
- State: Each state has its own procedures for posting state funds that may be available through grants. In some cases, the grants will be posted on one site, in others a search will need to be conducted for an individual department or agency, such as juvenile justice.
- Online Grants Databases: These databases help to locate foundation and corporate funders. Government programs are also included, but can be accessed in many others ways. Most databases require a subscription to access their information. The most helpful include:
- The Foundation Center Directory Online (http://www.foundationcenter.org/)
- GrantStation (http://www.grantstation.com/)
- Hoover’s Online – a corporate information provider, with links to a database of public, private and international companies. http://www.hoovers.com/
- Pathfinder – a Time Warner web site, with links to online versions of various Time Warner publications, including Money and Fortune. http://pathfinder.com/
- SECEDGAR – contains data from SEC documents back to 1994. Resource includes annual reports, proxy statements and other statements that must be filed by public companies. Searchable by company name. http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar
OTHER CORPORATE RESEARCH SITES
- Quote.Com (stock quotes) http://www.quote.com/
- CNN Money http://money.cnn.com/
- PR Newswire http://www.prnewswire.com/
- CEO Express (reference links for executives) http://www.ceoexpress.com/
PROSPECT RESEARCH SITES
- Zoom Info http://www.zoominfo.com/ Searches for prospects on web sites or prospect might have registered to improve search of themselves and completed a bio
- Linked In http://www.linkedin.com One of the growing number of relational networks
* Donor By Design Group does not endorse any of the content on these sites. We do not accept unsolicited requests to be listed on this page.